OT and PT on a Shoestring Budgetmore details
Overview: An energetic, creative, practical, problem solving course that will decrease burnout and stretch your financial resources. Great for geriatrics, school system, home health, and rehab.
- Adaptations for fine motor, oral motor, positioning, sensory, strengthening and others will be demonstrated.
- Creative, inexpensive, practical information applicable the day you return from this course.
- Treatment plans with inexpensive everyday objects explored.
- Participant requests and ideas will be shared.
- Discover favorite adaptations & treatment ideas of other therapists.
Creative Treatment Ideas: Pediatric Editionmore details
This is a one day "best of" treatment course for anyone who works with children.
- Identify adaptations for fine motor, oral motor, positioning, strengthening, valance, endurance, ROM, and sensory goals.
- Creative treatment plans with inexpensive everyday objects: flashlights, ballons, pennies, etc.
- Identify ways to use common materials to motivate and challenge clients.
- Case-studies with details on how creative therapists have solved them in the past.
- Identify specific strategies for adapting equipment, handwriting, and sensory processing.
- Discuss current trends in nutrition and alternative therapies.
The Art and Science of Trauma Informed OTmore details
A six hour analysis of how trauma effects development and strategies to improve regulatory outcomes for children and adults.
- Identify how Occupational Therapists can work with caregivers to assist with trauma related behaviors.
- Explore how trauma can effect system functions that then effect behavior.
- Discuss a variety of intervention strategies to help with regulation.
- Identify a variety of treatment approaches and questions to ask to know which one might be the best match for individual clients.
Sensory Regulation for Childhood Traumamore details
An introductory level course recorded with an audience of mental health workers in the foster care field.
- Identify how trauma effects the brain and sensory regulation.
- Examine practical strategies for OT in relation to a trauma lens.
Hints for Horrible Handwritingmore details
Overview: In this energetic, practical, hands-on course you will:
- Identify the underlying factors that effect handwriting.
- Assess specific deficits that effect the development of handwriting skills.
- Treat specific deficits that effect the development of handwriting skills.
- Apply treatment strategies to a group.
- Implement treatment strategies in a classroom setting.
- Receive a grab-bag of practical items which can be used in treatment sessions the day you return from this course.
Calming Strategies for Autismmore details
Overview: An energetic, creative, practical course for educators, parents, and professionals to help calm the sensory systems of children with Autism.
- Review general characteristics of Autism.
- Explore the basic functions of the sensory systems and how it effects arousal and energy levels.
- Identify what subtle and obvious types of stimulus can "activate" or "hype" a child.
- Identify different types of stimulus which can help calm a child.
- Explore a variety of simple, home-made supports to help calm a child.
- Experience a variety of simple calming and alerting activities through a lab portion of the course. (Dress comfy!)
- Assist other participants with real life calming dilemmas through audience participation and brain storming.
- Receive a ready-made grab bag of items to help calm the children that they love.